No engine sounds

Hi, I have recently upgraded my PC and after many years of enjoyable flying the Dash8 has lost its engine sounds. This also effected other addon aircraft for a while. I have uninstalled the Dash and everything is sounding good. I recieved an alert message on FSXSE saying ' Aircraft initialization failure. MJC8Q400_WIF' . I hope you can help me. I have uninstalled/re-installed twice and am worried that another install could upset other addons. Your help would be greatly apreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Oh well, bye bye Dash8, it's been fun. Hope to see you in MSFS!

• Hi,

Your error message very likely is not being triggered by the Q400 installation, butr in the event that it is? What steps have you tried to rectify the issue(s).

a) Have you tried a Google search for the issue, as it is not a common bug/issue

b) Sound Issues: Have a look at some of these threads as they may relate to some of your issues:

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/3398#Comment_3398

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/2417#Comment_2417

b) One can only assume that:

1. The installation/re-installations may have been mis-directed from the root directory of the FSX:SE folder.

2. The installation of the Q400 more than likely will not affect the operation of other aircraft addons as we do not change any of your files.

c) Are you installing the aircraft using Administrator Rights?

1. Start by un-installing the Q400

2. Re-install by right clicking on the installer and Run As Administrator (If your installations become exhausted write to our Support via email with your credentials explaining the issues for the depletion of installations)

3. Be sure to point the installer to the ROOT directory of FSX.

Keep us posted
  • Thanks for your encouragement. I tried a couple new ideas and now all is working fine. I really don't know what the issue was although I suspect my sound software might be involved. Happy to be back in this great aircraft.