Questions before upgrading to the Trainning Edition

edited August 2023 in Customer support

Hello,

I currently owned the Pro Edition and i haven't flown the majestic for years. I've been flying the FJS Q400 on XP12 lately and i've installed yesterday evening P3DV5 just for the majestic and was able to do a small flight and there is no comparison between both add on, the majestic feels so much realistic and immersive and the flight model top notch.

last time i flew the majestic i was on a old 27' 1440p monitor and now i'm on a 48' 4K OLED monitor and the writing on the panels are quite streched out and the the FMS is bearly readable. It feels like P3D is not rendering on 4K even if it says so in the setting.

AA is set to x16 and MSAA x 2. However the LCDs screen are crystal clear.

PS:

Well i have the same issue as this even with 1.025a : http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1432/mcdu-unreadable#latest

i've downloaded it yesterday on simmarket

1) Is the Visual Upgrade pack included in the Training Edition ?

2) Is there any website for custom liveries for P3DV5 ?

3) FMS RAIM SIMULATION : How does that work, is it based on the current GPS constellation that will affect the ANP and force the pilot to check the ANP > 0.3Nm for RNP 0.3 approach for example ?

4) FMS ARINC WEATHER : Does that means that WRX radar is modelled ? Also can it depict real precipitation or only clouds ?

5) In the ini file, i've seen a wear ratio by default set to 1.0. I guess it's for maintenance purpose but is there a maintenance feature currently where you have to change oil, tire pressure, chnage the engine because EGT margin is becomming negative ... ?

6) i found the masjectic engine sound already very very good but i've seen that there is a sound pack : https://secure.simmarket.com/immersive-audio-mjc8-q400-cockpit-sound-immersion-fsx-p3d-(fr_10786).phtml that has great review, could that add on make the engine sounds better ? it says up to p3Dv4 but dunno if its V5 compatible

thanks

Comments

• edited August 2023

Hello,

1) Is the Visual Upgrade pack included in the Training Edition? YES

2) Is there any website for custom liveries for P3DV5? AVSIM has many liveries

3) FMS RAIM SIMULATION: How does that work, is it based on the current GPS constellation that will affect the ANP and force the pilot to check the ANP > 0.3Nm for RNP 0.3 approach for example?

FMS will provide the RAIM prediction, and simulate the changing GPS accuracy accordingly

4) FMS ARINC WEATHER: Does that means that WRX radar is modeled? Also, can it depict real precipitation or only clouds?

With the use of Active Sky for the version of P3D that you use, the weather radar will depict what ASN generates

5) In the ini file, I've seen a wear ratio by default set to 1.0. I guess it's for maintenance purposes but is there a maintenance feature currently where you have to change oil, tire pressure, change the engine because the EGT margin is becoming negative ...?

This is more so to drive a wear & tear factor on most of the systems/components of the aircraft. So setting a value of say 80.0 will produce a higher fail rate.

6) I found the majestic engine sound already very very good but I've seen that there is a sound pack: https://secure.simmarket.com/immersive-audio-mjc8-q400-cockpit-sound-immersion-fsx-p3d-(fr_10786).phtml that has a great review, could that add on make the engine sounds better? it says up to p3Dv4 but dunno if its V5 compatible

Many users have chosen to use the sound pack as it adds better sound clarity. I have tested it and like it, but I prefer our sound set. All a matter of user preference.

The FlyJSim Q400 is a well-done product and has a few features that our Q400 does not. the FMS is a more up-to-date version. Glad that you still get some enjoyment out of the MJC version. The one thing for now that we have in place is a more complex simulation of the systems and the failure implementation.

Kindly take some time to go through the documentation provided as they will provide some guidance to some of the questions that you may have.

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    Hello,

1) Is the Visual Upgrade pack included in the Training Edition? YES

2) Is there any website for custom liveries for P3DV5? AVSIM has many liveries

3) FMS RAIM SIMULATION: How does that work, is it based on the current GPS constellation that will affect the ANP and force the pilot to check the ANP > 0.3Nm for RNP 0.3 approach for example?

FMS will provide the RAIM prediction, and simulate the changing GPS accuracy accordingly

4) FMS ARINC WEATHER: Does that means that WRX radar is modeled? Also, can it depict real precipitation or only clouds?

With the use of Active Sky for the version of P3D that you use, the weather radar will depict what ASN generates

5) In the ini file, I've seen a wear ratio by default set to 1.0. I guess it's for maintenance purposes but is there a maintenance feature currently where you have to change oil, tire pressure, change the engine because the EGT margin is becoming negative ...?

This is more so to drive a wear & tear factor on most of the systems/components of the aircraft. So setting a value of say 80.0 will produce a higher fail rate.

6) I found the majestic engine sound already very very good but I've seen that there is a sound pack: https://secure.simmarket.com/immersive-audio-mjc8-q400-cockpit-sound-immersion-fsx-p3d-(fr_10786).phtml that has a great review, could that add on make the engine sounds better? it says up to p3Dv4 but dunno if its V5 compatible

Many users have chosen to use the sound pack as it adds better sound clarity. I have tested it and like it, but I prefer our sound set. All a matter of user preference.

The FlyJSim Q400 is a well-done product and has a few features that our Q400 does not. the FMS is a more up-to-date version. Glad that you still get some enjoyment out of the MJC version. The one thing for now that we have in place is a more complex simulation of the systems and the failure implementation.

Kindly take some time to go through the documentation provided as they will provide some guidance to some of the questions that you may have.

Cheers

Thank you for the answers.

i'm sure i'll get more than enjoyment with the MJS until the MSFS version :)