Trim speed either very slow or supersonic fast ?

If i bind the trim switch on FSUIPC via the binding elevator_trim_up/down, the trim speed is very unrealistic fast, it can go from max trim value to lowest trim value in 4/5 seconds. However when binding it from P3DV5, it seems very very slow for unless that's how the trim speed is in the Q400?.

Is there maybe in the ini file a command to increase or decrease the trim speed ?

thanks

Comments

• The trim speed if using the default P3D binding process should be controllable by using the slider when assigning the buttons to be used.

Try using the middle position for the trim slider in P3D and see if that is a good option.

• @kroswynd said:
    The trim speed if using the default P3D binding process should be controllable by using the slider when assigning the buttons to be used.

Try using the middle position for the trim slider in P3D and see if that is a good option.

will do

• edited August 2023

Using Fsuipc offsets you are able to assign and adjust the speed of the trim to match your controller very precisely. (i.e. elevator trim on a force feedback yoke) This feature alone makes the cost of FSUIPC worth it. The real question is; How long does it take the real Q400 elevator trim to travel from one extreme to the other? Having that information would allow those users with FFB yokes to setup and match the trim time in the yoke itself.

Cheers Jax

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    Using Fsuipc offsets you are able to assign and adjust the speed of the trim to match your controller very precisely. (i.e. elevator trim on a force feedback yoke) This feature alone makes the cost of FSUIPC worth it. The real question is; How long does it take the real Q400 elevator trim to travel from one extreme to the other? Having that information would allow those users with FFB yokes to setup and match the trim time in the yoke itself.

Cheers Jax

I can't find offsert in FSUIPC when mapping elevator_trim_up/dn on a button

• edited August 2023

It's a bit convoluted, to say the least. I do not know if a copied section from my Fsuipc ini file would work with your setup.
    In Fsuipc, under the "Buttons & Switches" tab, check the boxes for "profile specific" and "Select for FS control"
    Press the button/switch you want to assign "Elevator trim Down"

• In the dropdown box below look for and select "Offset Sword Decrement"
    • In the "Offset" box type "x0BC0" and in the parameter box type "30/-16343".
    • Excluding the quotes of course. Below that check the box "Control to repeat while held"
    • Press the button/switch for the "Elevator Trim Up".
    • In the dropdown box look for and select "Offset Sword Increment"
    • In the "Offset" box type "x0BC0" and in the parameter box this time we use the positive "30/16343" AS before check the box to have the control to repeat.
    • Click OK to exit FSUIPC and you are done.
      In the parameter box, you can adjust the number 30 up or down to change the speed of the trim. I.e., My FFB yoke is set for 15 secs trim time, and in Fsuipc I am using 96 to match the Q400 to my yoke.

Cheers, Jax.
    It's a word pizza i know. I do hope it makes enough sense to at least get you in the ballpark. ;0)